There is a thing going around! Here are a few questions posed to the world at large by coffeesomemore:
1. What’s a skill you wish you could master?
LANGUAGES. I wish the Babelfish was a thing. The #1 on my list rn is Bosnian/Serbian/Croatian but honestly I just want to speak them all. I feel an unfortunate amount of insecurity visiting a country whose language I don’t know.
2. Tell us about your favorite memory involving music
Hardest question ever. MAYHAPS some gr9 Moogfest 2011 times with my favorite peoples; also potentially playing Shostakovich 9 and/or Beethoven 7; also Bach; roadtrips; Phantogram live 2011; Girltalk that first time omg; Starfucker every damn time…
3. Surprise day off! what do you do?
4. Most morbid/surreal thought spiral you’ve ever had re: something that turned out totally benign?
Sundry trying-to-sleep-post-drugs moments in which everyone hated me and/or existence was a nonphysical state. HI. Probably the worst was that time in my dorm when the floor was water and Colin was dying in the unisex bathroom and we had a communal realization that Chapstick was the only thing we could count on in this world.
YAY If anyone wants to answer questions mine are these:
1. The Formative/ Significant Album of your Life + why ? ? ?
2. What is your secret skill?
3. What are your feelings on socks?
4. Signature drink, GO:
"What is necessary, after all, is only this: solitude, vast inner solitude. To walk inside yourself and meet no one for hours - that is what you must be able to attain."
Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet (via stxxz)